Creativity and creative expression can be valuable tools in a grief journey. “Visions & Voices” is a venue to share your work and witness the work of others. If you are a bereaved individual who wants to share your art to help yourself and others, we invite you to submit your original creations.
Submissions can be sent to [email protected]. Please include the following:
- Title of the creation
- Your full name
- Your full address and phone number
- If your creation is not a written piece:
- An original photo of the piece
- A brief explanation of how the creation relates to your grief journey.
- Who the piece is done in memory or honor of.
- Head and shoulders picture of yourself
The acceptable submission includes:
- Full-length articles (2000 words or under)
- Shorter essays
- Poems of any length
- Original photography
- An original photograph of your creation. Examples include but are not limited to
- Almost any creative outlet
All submissions must be:
- Original works, if quoting someone else’s work, please seek the appropriate permissions and correctly reference the work.
- Truthful, please make sure that all facts in the writings are true.
- From a Peer perspective, If you are a clinician, your work must be from a peer perspective.
All submissions must NOT :
- Include offensive or discriminatory language
- Include full names of people who are still living without their permission
- Self-promote or promote products or services.
Permission and Copyright: By submitting material for publication, you give Peer Support Community Partners, LLC and SADOD the non-exclusive license to use your submission in any print and/or electronic publication. Please only submit your original creations and/or include links to others’ work to avoid potential copyright issues. By submitting, you certify that you own the copyright to all content, and it does not include any third-party text or images (unless an explanation and permission is granted for their use).
No Obligation to Publish: We are under no obligation to publish content from any writer, photographer, or artist.